During the COVID-19 pandemic, groups such as older adults and the immunocompromised are being disproportionately impacted by the virus. As a result, universal hospitalization and mortality rates for these groups are higher compared to other groups. Although social distancing is the best preventative measure against the virus, leaving home to buy groceries and essentials is inevitable for many.
At Relief Shoppers, our mission is to lend a helping hand to the most vulnerable in our society during these trying times. Our volunteers are younger individuals who have been adhering to recommended protocol (proper hygiene and social distancing) throughout the duration of the pandemic. These volunteers understand that their immune systems may be more robust than those in vulnerable groups and are willing to provide support to their community. By doing the shopping for vulnerable individuals, our volunteers enable independent older adults and immunocompromised individuals to lessen their interactions with large gatherings, long lines, door handles, buttons—all potential platforms through which the virus can spread.
In many cases, Relief Shoppers become a bridge connecting the vulnerable to the outside world. For this reason, it is of utmost importance that our volunteers practice proper hygiene when handling deliveries. Relief Shoppers are trained to utilize gloves, sanitizer wipes, and to follow protocol when shopping and handling different goods.
Although this is far from a foolproof system, it may benefit the most vulnerable in our community who are not able to rely on friends or family to lessen their burdens.
As one family, we all have a duty to protect our most vulnerable. This program aims to provide what it can—even if it is simply some relief.
1. Visit the REQUEST page and fill out the form to tell us more about yourself.
2. If approved, someone will reach out to you and send you a link to access private pages, such as the ORDER page. On this page, you will be able to select a time slot that best fits your schedule.
3. You will also be able to send us a grocery list on the ORDER page.
4. During the day of your delivery, please be prepared for a phone call from your Relief Shopper within your time slot. They will let you know that your items have been cleaned with sanitizer wipes and delivered to your front door!
5. Please send money through PayPal, Venmo, or Zelle to the email specified by your shopper.
We are now accepting EBT, cash, or check!